Friday, May 20, 2011

I made it to Amiens! The flight was a little rough. But, I managed to get through the 9 hour flight without getting sick. I watched High School Musical approximately 3 1/2 times, CSI:NY, CSI, and CSI: Miami and most of this was while I was in a dramamine induced high.
I got to the airport and got my luggage and because of my state of mind, I just figured that when Felicity landed she would go to the same baggage pick up area. False. I was in a completely different building. I had a real life "Taken" moment when a guy asked me if I wanted a cab ride. I think I just squeaked no and looked at the ground and walked faster. Anyway, I used my reasoning skills and went to the information desk and asked what terminal the British Airways Flight that landed at 9:40 was. And it was in a completely different building that required me to take a train. After that, I just walked around aimlessly, and then these French police officers with scary looking guns started putting up Police tape and wouldn't let anyone cross. So, thats when the "Emma, only use your cell phone for emergencies" became real, and I called Felicity. Finally, I just went outside and stood under a large sign that said Terminal 2D and they found me. Monsieur Denizot drove us to Amiens and we went and had lunch.
Then Anne took us to our dorm and we filled out all the papers and such.
We took a little walk around Amiens to go grocery shopping. And now, here I am sitting in my dorm room with the windows open and I can see the Cathedral and hear the bells chime.
Now, its almost time for dinner. I'm not that hungry, mostly I just want to get out and walk around for a while. I need to stay awake for another few hours.
xoxo mes amours, je t'aime de tout mon coeur. à plus tard.
Emma

1 comment:

  1. i hate you so much right now. but i'm glad you're having a good time already.

    ReplyDelete