Sunday, May 22, 2011

First weekend

Well, we made it through the first weekend. It was very relaxed. We met with Jenny, who was one of the girls who came to Oklahoma, and she gave us a little tour of parts of Amiens. We walked through the older parts of Amiens, and we went inside la cathédrale. It's so beautiful, and it's massive. I couldn't take a photo of the whole thing, I could only get a majority of it. She showed us the popular parts of Amiens where a lot of people do shopping. It was good to get out and venture into the city more with someone who knows the town.
The restaurants for the students are closed on the weekends so Felicity, Travis and I went out on our own and found a place to eat. I love restaurants here because you sit outside and eat. The weather is wonderful here, not too hot or cold. There is always a nice breeze, I could sit outside for hours and just people watch or talk. It's lovely.
Today was quiet. I slept in a little more than I had planned (still getting over jet lag). We met up at 5 and had dinner at la gargouille which is right by la cathédrale.
Tomorrow we start at l'IUFM and we get to take our first shot at the bus system. We think we have it down, but fingers crossed.

J'ecrirai plus lundi ou mardi. À plus tard, bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment